In Europe you can easily find some incredible hotels and it is so easy to blow your entire travel budget on accommodations. For instance, there is a Swiss Hotel that has a suite you can only rent for over EUR 20,000 per night. If you want to save money as you travel to Europe, options like a new forest hotel or even staying at other people are something to take into account.
The good news is that you can easily save money if you just plan your trip appropriately. You can obviously save when staying in dorm rooms as they are available and doubles normally have much lower rates. You want to consider this when you travel with friends or family members. Besides this, you can also think about the following.
- Try to stay in rural areas and in the smaller towns. The pensions and the hostels in the larger cities will pay a lot of rent so as a traveller you will be asked for more.
- Try to get contact details for other travellers you meet on your journey. When you reach their home city, town or country, they will offer great advice on where to stay and you might even be able to stay at their home for some time. Just be sure you always discuss everything and you keep in touch.
- Stay as many as possible in the rooms. There are many locations that even allow you to sleep on mattresses without paying extra.
- Consider staying at campgrounds located right out of the city or rent tents with walk-in areas and real beds.
- When you travel during summers, consider university housing since empty dorm rooms are so often rented out at really low prices.
- You can even find options to sleep on a roof for a very low price. It may sound weird but it is possible.
- When staying in a private room, choose one that does not have private shower and WC. This can even save you up to 35 EUR every night.
Always Research Where To Stay In Advance
One of the biggest mistakes people make when they go to any country is planning everything when the departure date is way too close. It is really important that you allow yourself all the time that you need tin order to find the best possible accommodations. Have patience and look at all the various opportunities that are currently available for you, based on where you are going to. If you have this time, you can find all the information you need to save hundreds of dollars.
Keep in mind that some of the highest discounts available are going to appear when you book everything at least a few months in advance. Also, you will want to think about different ways in which you can save on other parts of the trip. This includes everything from what you are going to eat to transportation. Saving just on accommodation is never a good idea since there are also other huge discounts available for you.